Congratulations to all of our Life Sciences UTC students for an incredible set of GCSE results this year. Our initial results indicate that:
- 53% students achieved a level 4 or above in English and maths GCSE and 32% students achieved a level 5 or above
- 60% achieved a level 4 or above in maths GCSE
- 73% achieved a level 4 or above in English GCSE
- 100% achieved a level 4 or above in all three separate sciences
- 95% achieved a level 5 or above in biology, 95% in chemistry and 89% in physics. 42% got a 7 or above in all three sciences.
- 38% secured a Distinction or Distinction* in Engineering
- 57% secured a Distinction or Distinction* in Health
Jill Davies, Life Sciences UTC Principal, says: “It has been a wonderful morning, such a fantastic opportunity to celebrate with our Year 11s. Students have worked so hard and achieved excellent results. Their efforts have paid off and we’re so happy that they can now move on confidently to their sixth form choices.”
Standout results include Awa who secured 9 in English Language and Literature and 8s in Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and History and a Distinction* in Health. Kacper achieved 9s in Maths, Chemistry and Physics and a Distinction* in Engineering. Aakash secured 8s in English, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Geography and a Distinction* in Engineering.