Liverpool Life Sciences UTC has been graded Good, in its most recent Ofsted inspection.
Comments from Ofsted include noted that at the UTC “Pupils and students take part in a wide array of science projects and work experience with prestigious employers.”, and “Almost all move on to education, employment or further training related to healthcare and sciences.”
Below is a summary of the report:
- Leaders, governors and staff are passionate about helping pupils to become successful and active citizens.
- The school’s motto, ‘Every day is an interview’, promotes professional standards and high expectations.
- Pupils and students take part in a wide array of science projects and work experience with prestigious employers. Students benefit from mentoring and presentations from local employers, hospitals and universities. This helps to raise their aspirations for their future careers
- Pupils and students in the sixth form are very well prepared for their next steps. Almost all move on to education, employment or further training related to healthcare and sciences.
- Pupils enjoy coming to school. They get on well with each other regardless of their background.
- Many pupils with previous poor experiences of schooling flourish in a caring and supportive environment.
- Students in the sixth form act as excellent role models to younger pupils.
- The school is calm and orderly. Relationships between pupils and staff are professional and help pupils to concentrate and work well together in lessons. Pupils socialise well during break and lunchtimes.
- Pupils’ personal development is a high priority for leaders. Pupils take part in a wide range of activities that help them to develop their confidence, such as sports, visits and overseas trips.
- Pupils show respect and tolerance for others. They are well prepared for life in modern Britain.
View the latest report here
View our 2016 report here