Everyday is an interview at the UTC, and this is reflected in our smart school uniform, which ensures all our students dress for success. In years 9, 10 and 11, school uniform is compulsory. It consists of:
- Blazer – black with red beading & UTC badge.
- Jumper – black knitted V neck jumper with red trim.
- Tie – black & red stripe.
- Reversible waterproof school coat – black with UTC badge.
- White shirt – long or short sleeve.
- Black trousers.
- Black skirt – Single invert pleat.
- Black pinafore.
- Black socks.
- School shoes must be black with no coloured markings – no trainers, no high heels.
When entering the school building, all coats and scarves must be removed, and remain off for the duration of the day; all students must wear the school coat, which is plain black with the UTC logo. More information on what to wear and where to buy it can be found here
The following uniform will be required by every year 9,10 and 11 student at the UTC:
- Black PE shorts, black polo t-shirts with UTC badge, black socks, black trainers.
Where to buy:
You can purchase your uniform direct from:
Lisa School wear
72 Priory Rd, Liverpool L4 2RZ,
Tel: 0151 264 0700
East Prescot Road, Liverpool,
Tel: 0151 259 8277
Payment by cash/cheque made payable to Lisa School wear.
Support with purchasing uniform is available where required.
Please talk to us confidentially through Director of Inclusion,
Mrs Tomlinson on 0151 230 1320.
Sixth Form Uniform
Our sixth form students are expected to dress professionally at all times; students should adhere to the following guidelines:
- A skirt, dress or trouser suit suitable for a professional environment; the skirt/dress should be of a formal style and knee length or longer.
- Skirts/dresses and trousers should be black, grey or white. A coloured top is permitted.
- Tops/ blouses suitable for a professional environment; low necked tops, vest tops and crop tops are not suitable.
- Words and diagrams on clothing should not be offensive or possibly be seen as offensive.
- Jumpers or cardigans should be plain; no hooded sweatshirts apart from in the fitness suite or during enrichment activities.
- Smart flat shoes or boots; open shoes, high heels and flip flops are not suitable.
- Hair and makeup should be of a style suitable for a professional environment; if hair is coloured it should be within the natural colour range.
- Outer coats and scarves to be removed in registration and lessons.
Hair & Make Up
Hairstyles should be suitable for a professional work environment, and if hair is coloured, it must be within the natural colour range.
Makeup is not allowed under any circumstance; however clear nail varnish is permitted. Piercings – other than studs in pierced ears – are not allowed at the UTC.